I saw this over at Biology in Science Fiction, and thought I’d give it a go. It’s pretty simple: quote from various books using the fifth sentence from page 56, and see if anyone can identify the books.
I’m only going to do five, because, well, it’s Saturday morning and I’m allowed to be a little lazy.
Here are my five quotes, all from science fiction novels of course:
- A wild worm had penetrated the opening.
- Down in Southeast, after he had got used to the steady physical labor, and had stopped wasting his brain on code messages and his semen on wet dreams, he had begun to have some ideas.
- The only other thing it can have to offer is titanium, which isn’t quite as scarce back home these days as Mike seems to think; and gem stones, particularly the semiprecious ones, which we can make at home without traveling fifty light-years to get them.
- Instantly he flipped around, his feet flying over his head, and landed flat on his back against the wall.
- The periscope was a wondrous blend of mysticism and know-how.
Guess all five and receive a great honor…. or feeling of accomplishment….. or something like that. 😉